The Soldara Institute develops therapies for chronic or age-related cognitive impairment such as Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Traumatic Brain Injury, addiction, dementia, Parkinson’s, Huntington’s and Alzheimer’s Disease. It is incorporated as a Public Benefit corporation and is pursuing human studies in the United States and internationally.
There are three common SNPs associated with APOE.
- rs7412, APOE e2 — the least common — appears to reduce the risk of Alzheimer's.
- rs429358, APOE e4 — a little more common — appears to increase the risk of Alzheimer's.
- APOE e3 — the most common — doesn't seem to affect the risk of Alzheimer's.
There are 3 common SNPs giving rise to MTHFR alleles:
- rs1801133, also known as C677T or A222V
- rs1801131, also known as A1298C or E429A
- rs2274976, also known as G1793A or R594Q
List of other SNPs